Canon Medical Hospital is a well-established healthcare facility located in Kanduyi-Bungoma. The hospital is seeking an experienced and highly efficient ICT Officer who will be responsible for analysis, design, installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of the network infrastructure and application components.
Title: ICT Officer, Industry: Healthcare, Location: Bungoma
Systems and Staff Support
• Perform day-to-day IT tasks including staff support, IT systems setup and installation, systems management, and maintenance.
• Manage the hospital network infrastructure and ensure that the machines, servers, network, and power systems are running efficiently.
• Manage hospital electronic communication systems including E-mail, Internet and website. When necessary, liaise with internet service providers to resolve internet connectivity issues.
• Update the hospital website accordingly.
• Maintain an up-to-date Inventory of the hospital IT Equipment and recommend equipment replacements where necessary based on the policies as needed.
• Provides technical advice on new technologies that are appropriate in enhancing the hospital service delivery.
• Designing training programs and workshops for staff.
• Providing direction for IT team members.
• Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
• Setting up accounts for new users
Network & Data Security
• Ensure that high standards of integrity, availability and onfidentiality of all hospital data, information, networks, systems, and other IT resources are maintained.
• Perform daily system monitoring, review and address system and application logs, documents and report any security incidences to the hospital management.
• Ensure that all machines and systems are up to date with the current anti-virus software. Install software, OS and firmware updates and security patches when available.
• Ensure that the hospital website is highly available and the SSL certificate is up to date.
• Ensure members portal is always functional and secure.
• Conduct regular system audits. Prepare, and share regular reports with hospital management.
• Ensure technology is used, managed and supported in accordance with the Hospital’s standards, policies and procedures.
• Assist in keeping track of the Hospital’s infrastructure assets and ensuring that the infrastructure and data is kept secure at all times.
• Implementing network upgrades by developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Configuring and setting up Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital mission critical applications.
Disaster Mitigation and business continuity
• Develop, manage, and communicate a disaster mitigation and recovery plan that will ensure good data recovery in case of system failure/malfunction to ensure business continuity.
• Ensure all hospital data is backed up daily and accurately following the backup plan. Conduct regular tests for the backup.
• Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
• Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
• Maintaining both the wired and wireless network inclusive of performance, security, throughput and upgrades.
• Assisting in the designing of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS.
• Maintaining network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
• Setting up and maintaining the LAN and its associated components (switches, structured cabling, power provisioning etc.)
• Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Visit our facility in Bungoma Kanduyi for your health checkup, medical refill and counselling services. We have the below insurances on board. National Cover coming soon. #WellBeyondHealthcare pic.twitter.com/kmAtvQZQkJ
— CANON MEDICAL HOSPITAL BUNGOMA (@CanonHospital) April 19, 2022
• At least a Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognized institution.
• Minimum 3 years’ working experience in health Centre set up.
• Highly familiar with a wide variety of IT security, network engineering and operating system software.
• Decision making, Interpersonal skills and Communication skills.
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosing a motivation letter, salary expectation and an updated CV with at least three (3) referees to; email@example.com
Canon Medical Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.